At Disch Montessori Centre, our Paraprofessional course is designed to introduce you to Montessori.
This course is meant for those who work with children in a Montessori school but are not lead teachers, such as special subjects teachers and administrators. It is a great way to gain deeper understanding and insight into how the children are being taught.
This course is great for parents of children in a Montessori school. It provides more insight and thus better understanding of the methodologies used. It also equips parents with the right knowledge to continue the Montessori education while the children are at home
The training gives you knowledgeable insights to Maria Montessori philosophies in the following areas:
- Child Development Theory
- Involving the study of different philosophers, their theories, research and work done.
- Maria Montessori: Her life and Work
- An analytical look at the life, research and founding of Montessori.
- Montessori Philosophy: Key Concepts
- An in-depth analysis of the unique needs of the child in a Montessori environment, at different stages of development.
- Classroom Management
- Introduction to the skill set and tools needed to effectively manage the classroom environment, including how to communicate with the children and record keeping.
- Special Education
- Information about how to recognizing and effectively manage those with special needs in a Montessori environment.
The training involves lectures and hands-on practice; leaving each adult learner with the skill set needed to understand and execute Montessori concepts and methodologies.
The course involves timely submission of assignments and projects.